Monday, June 29, 2009

not a long one today

today i am blogging a little later than usual and i am pretty tired. it was an eventful day not for Elijah but for me. i finally faced i don't wanna call it fear but anxiety when something happened and i thought i was going into labor! i wasn't but it still made me collide with reality. i continued reading into the second chapter of the book that Karen gave me about Job and it seems that the more i read the more realizations i have about this whole situation. satan is for some reason scared of me and my family and he is out to destroy the relationship i have with God. and like i said before that is not going to happen. God allowed satan to test me and he knew before i was born that this would happen. MY GOD KNEW THAT I WOULD NOT DENY HIM. today was an especially good day for me. God taught me something today that i will never forget. everything we have in life whether it be our family, children etc., our possesions and our finances God has "loaned" to us. ethan would not exist had got not placed him in my womb and ripened him into the sweet little baby that he could bring to heaven to live with him. he also created elijah and through all of this has allowed me to keep this other special gift that he loaned to me. i know elijah will do great things for the Lord. all of this that God taught me today has really brought me peace and rest. that's what i have needed. God is begining to heal my heart and bring me peace & rest. i continue to find comfort in the verse "be still and KNOW that I am GOD" until next time......

1 comment:

  1. Ashley - I'm reading your post, and then at the end you type that verse... This is so awesome - God gave me that same verse today too...Be still and know that I am God... - for something I've had weighing heavy on my heart - so He used (and continues to use) that simple statement to do great things for us! God is so good to us and is so amazing in the comfort that only He can give in a certain circumstance - your faith will pull you through, and the love of your family and friends will help to give you even more strength!

    ReplyDelete